Political Committee – since 2008
The Political Committee
During the municipal electoral campaign of 2005, Culture Montréal presented a 10 point election platform which allowed, among other benefits, to get all mayoral candidates to promise that City Hall would create a great ‘rendezvous for the culture’ – a promise held by Gerald Temblay, who convened and chaired the Rendez-vous novembre 2007 – Montréal, métropole culturelle.
Boosted by this success, and eager to fully assume its role as an activist organization in defence of cultural concerns, Culture Montréal set up the Comité Politique in 2008 with a goal to work out and carry out a follow-up to the election platforms presented by Culture Montréal within the framework of elections and the municipal, provincial and federal budgetary statements.
- President: Jacques Vézina, Théâtre d’Aujourd’hui and Culture Montréal Board of Directors
- Sylvain Bouffard, Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal
- Simon Brault, Culture Montréal and Culture Montréal Board of Directors
- Dinu Bumbaru, Héritage Montréal and Culture Montreal Board of Directors
- Yves Dupre, Octane Stratégie
- Anne-Marie Jean, Culture Montréal
- Denis Mercier, Actor and Culture Montréal Board of Directors
- Marie-Claude Parenteau Lebeuf, Monde Ruelle and Culture Montréal Board of Directors
- Julie Calvé, Culture Montréal